Friday, January 29, 2010

I have to leave again. Can't believe it's gone so quickly, but maybe I can because don't they say time passes quickly when you're having fun. So tomorrow morning I will be on a long flight to Brunei. I have never been to Brunei and so I am quite excited! I met a Bruneian a few days ago and he told me that nearly 80% of Brunei is still jungle. I think that's great, jungle good..high rise bad. That's probably why I found Hong Kong a little depressing when I visited, dark, gloomy and a little like a scene from a sci-fi film. The food is good though, I am a sucker for Cantonese food. I have found that in London you don't get good Cantonese food unless you bring along a Cantonese speaker. Tonight I am bringing a group of uninitiated to the Malaysia Hall Canteen. I am hopeful that they will fall in love with the place. I think the food isn't anything to shout about but it really is a slice of home, plastic flower arrangements, the heady smells of belacan and hot steaming teh tarik.
Last night at Bible Club (har har!) we prayed for things we're grateful for, I am grateful that I will be seeing my family on Wednesday even if it's for 3 hours. We're having dinner together at KL Airport. What a strange life I lead?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo hoo! You took non-me people to the Malaysia house canteen, sigh.... There will be no keeping me out next summer!

Sara said...

You travel so often. Perhaps you need to hire a packer to pack you things !