Monday, January 25, 2010

I took the plunge last summer and went from having long hair to a radically shorter do. I didn't actually make the decision to do it until I walked in to the salon. I think it was largely to do with the confidence the stylist instilled in me from the moment we started chatting about what he was going to do about my hair. I mean this guy is so good that even my mother liked the hair cut and that is saying something. My mother said when I got back to Malaysia in October and I quote 'well short hair does actually suit you'. Anyone who knows me and the relationship I have with my mother will know that statement is practically a miracle! However I think I may have let him go a little too far on Saturday and I now have a haircut that is best described as the 'Shoreditch Twat' look. My friends have tried to convince me otherwise but I am uncertain. All I will need to complete the look is some pink leg warmers and some NHS style glasses. I can't say enough about how much I hate NHS style glasses, who ever said they were trendy?? As someone who has been wearing glasses since I was 8 and suffered all the cruel teasing that only young children and teenagers can inflict I don't appreciate the bane of my life becoming trendy. I guess the good thing is my hair will grow out soon enough and I will return to my favourite stylist and tell him that I just don't think I am the kind of girl he thinks I am. I just can't do hipster and so in rebellion today I have worn an auntie skirt to work which doesn't match my new 'look'.

No comments: