Monday, January 18, 2010

Oooh I have been bad. I haven't updated this thing in ages. Well not since 2009! I have found 2010 a little difficult. London has been pretty cold and I haven't been able to resume my social life in the way I would have wanted. I forgot that cold means not wanting to go out. I have also realised that I have no practical shoes for when it snows. I mean, I have enough pairs of boots to keep my feet warm but none of them have any grip. Still, I am grateful not to have fallen on my bum (as padded as it is). The snow has thankfully gone away but we strangely now have fog. Fog is less exciting and much creepier, think Jack the Ripper in East London. I also got the usual 'I am back in cold weather so I must get a cold' cold. Sadly I am still coughing like a mother hubbard and have enough phelgm to rival an incorrigable smoker. I have managed to eat some good food and also cook some good food. I made a quiche from scratch recently which I thought was pretty good going, although I don't think I would have had the confidence to do it if Corinna hadn't been around to instruct. I ate some awesome duck rice in Bayswater, that Four Seasons place is just super. I had some good Pho Bo at Mien Tay and some good pasta at Ciao Bella on Lambs Conduit Street. That lunch is worth a mention, Wai Seng and I polished off a significant amount of cured meats, pasta and red wine in short space of time. I am proud of us and just pleased to have caught up with Wai Seng after several failed attempts of trying to rendezvous in KL and Delhi. I watched the new George Clooney film, now I am not one of those Clooney fans who swoons at the mere sight of him. I think he's sexy but he's no Gael Garcia Bernal, although this is probably a reflection of my taste in men instead of an assessment of Clooney's good looks. I digress, so go and watch Up in the Air, it's smart and funny and enjoyably. International officers will probably emphatise with the conversations about air miles, hotel points and whether Starwood is better than Hilton Honours. We're such dorks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dei, "Sadly I am still coughing like a mother hubbard and have enough phelgm to rival an incorrigable smoker." --> i thought you were an incorrigable smoker already? or did you quit?!?!?
-suan-